Peaches & Vanilla Cream Pops

July 20, 2011

Uh, it’s hot.

Really hot. Like excessive heat warning, face melts when I walk outside, can’t eat anything but frozen foods hot.

So I made popsicles. Did you know making popsicles is pretty fun and pretty easy? I didn’t. I’ve never made them before. I just happened to buy some popsicle molds on a whim when I visited Bake It Pretty (love them!) last year, but I don’t like eating frozen foods when it’s cold outside so I waited and waited to use them. Until now.

Peaches & Vanilla Cream Pops

All of my waiting paid off. I found some amazing peaches at the farmer’s market and combined them with my favorite yogurt, a vanilla bean and a little bit of cream and bourbon to make these irresistible Peaches & Vanilla Cream Pops. Both my husband and I said, “Whoa. These taste like a Creamsicle!” at first taste. They’re creamy, peachy, vanilla-y and sweet, and they are guaranteed to keep your face from melting off.

Peaches & Vanilla Cream Pops

Printable Recipe
Adapted from Bon Apetit
Makes about 4 popsicles

1/4 cup + 1 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 cup water
1/2 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise
2 cups pitted, sliced and peeled peaches (about 2-3 medium peaches)
3 tablespoons heavy cream
3 tablespoons plain greek yogurt (I used Chobani 2%)
1 tablespoon bourbon (optional)

Place sugar and water in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add vanilla bean seeds scraped from the bean and the bean itself. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and discard bean. Transfer to a small bowl and chill.

Add peaches and vanilla syrup to a food processor. Puree until smooth. Transfer to a large 2 or 4-cup measuring cup. (You should have about 1 cup of puree.) Whisk in heavy cream, greek yogurt and bourbon.

Pour into popsicle molds, add sticks and freeze until firm. Dip bottoms of molds in hot water to loosen when ready to eat.

1. July 20, 2011 7:38 pm

That photo is gorgeous. I want some of these right now! Too bad I used up all my peaches, maybe I’ll try it with some of my frozen berries until I can get to the store and get some more peaches. Can’t wait to make these!

2. July 21, 2011 7:52 am

Gorgeous photo! These look like just thing thing needed to beat this disgusting heat wave we are stuck in.

3. July 21, 2011 12:03 pm

My goodness. This sounds like an incredible and simple summer treat that anyone and everyone can enjoy. And this is definitely going to be something that we try in the coming weeks (when we go to the BEACH!) because, let’s be honest, who doesn’t like a Creamsicle?

4. July 21, 2011 2:47 pm

I have been wanting to make popsicles for so long now but I don’t have any proper popsicle molds. I was planning on making some raspberry melon ones tomorrow and just make them in paper cups. I think these will have to go on my list next because I have been obsessed with peaches lately and they sound sooo good.

5. July 21, 2011 5:16 pm

This is the recipe I’ve been waiting for my entire life! Thanks for sharing!

6. July 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Mmmm, I love the cream and yogurt in these. We love making popsicles too, and the kids love them. I bet they’ll love these too. Your popsicle mold is so cute too, all ours are pretty boring and plain, haha.

July 21, 2011 6:16 pm

Thanks! It’s the star molds from Tovolo. I got mine at Bake It Pretty (who seems to be out at the moment), but Amazon has them for about $12!

7. July 22, 2011 9:03 pm

This looks great – I’ve been obsessed with peach ice cream… I might have to try this next! I also posted a summer peach dessert on my blog today. I hope you get a chance to stop by! http://jennysteffens.blogspot.com/2011/07/peach-crostata-simple-summer-peach.html

8. July 25, 2011 11:30 pm

Posts like this really make me wish I had some popsicle molds!

9. July 29, 2011 10:41 am

These are in the freezer now!

10. Renee permalink
    July 30, 2011 2:08 pm

Ooh yummy! And good idea to use our Farmer’s Market peaches. I just got some and they’re DELICIOUS! :)

11. Nicole permalink
    August 5, 2011 10:56 am

Bourbon is never ‘optional’

12. Dashka permalink
    August 8, 2011 6:05 pm

what’s the point of using all these great (not cheap) ingredients to make something that ‘tastes just like a creamsicle’? a box of creamsicles costs a fraction of what you’d spend on farmer’s market peaches, yogurt, bourbon and a vanilla bean. i’m sure they’re delicious nonetheless.